Skip to main content

And his name shall be called Andrew

I can't figure out why for the life of me, when my life is going so well, a dude decides to pop up and try to eff it up. But today is a new day. A day when I will not let anyone "eff up my high."

So I met this dude; his name is Andrew. His name alone was almost enough for me to cancel him out of a potential dating pool [well that and the fact that I do try very hard to keep my dating pool very empty]. Had my sister not been with me in the Nextel store, I would not even known he was "flirting" with me. I've always been so oblivious. Well, he'd given me his card and kept repeating that his mobile number was on there. I just thought "Okay." Apparently that was some hint that he wanted me to call him.

Well I don't call random dudes, especially random dudes named Andrew [and if any of you close to me think about that for a minute or two you totally understand why]. Like I said, I don't call random dudes, but I am not above text messaging anyone. While in the store my sister and I discussed a cocktail party that I was to attend later that night. So I thought why not see if he would like to join me. I won't know anyone there, and granted I did not know him, but at least it would have given me a buffer person with whom I could converse. So I sent a short little text something to the effect of "Cocktail party downtown after work?" His reply informed me that he was glad that I texted him, and that he wasn't sure if I would have, but he was glad that I did.

Well to make sum up a 3-day story.... We hung out on day 2; he damn near tried to molest me, so I left. Day 3 we hung out again, this time at his place, and he cooked me dinner-- yeah isn't that nuts. It was funny watching someone else cook: normally I'm the one to do it for all of my friends. It was truely strange watching a dude who really knew his way around the kitchen [except he used the way wrong knife to chop his onions; I wanted to tell him, but I refrained]. What really sucked is that he didn't tell me that he was making dinner, and I'd already eaten before I got there. I don't eat twice to be nice-- sorry. But it did smell goood. There was no molestation that night. I'd explained to him via telephone that that was not cool, and it was not my style. It was actually quite chill; after we played cards for about an hour, I went to his room and watched Gray's Anatomy [I told him I wouldn't come unless I could watch my show]. He kicked it in the living room or kitchen or something. He didn't bother me and I didn't bother him. The way things should be. -- anyway enough of that.

The next night we were talking on the phone, and he starts to go on and on about how he would never send his kids to private school. Mind you I have not told him that I went to one of the wealthiest private schools in Houston-- and loved it. Then he starts going on and on about how these stupid rich kids come in his store and he and his collegues laugh in their faces while asking them what company their dad owns. All the while I'm thinking, their dads own companies and you work in Nextel, what the hell gives you a reason to laugh in their faces? Then in a twist of fate he starts talking about kids who actually go to the school that I attended and attributed their lack of common sense to their school. In the middle of his conversation, I go so it's nothing short of amazing that I got out of that school with the about of sense that I have. He had to hush because he realized that he had really stuck his foot in his mouth.

Then I go on to say how much I adored my school and how all ALL of my kids will attend the same school. For some reason he made the conversation about money. By this time it was obvious to me that he was an extreme liberal, and I being the moderate conservative that I am was really not about to change my views just to stay in the good graces of a dude who means no more to me than [sorry can't think of a good analogy here]. Then he goes on to say, I'm sorry I just can't believe you think like that. I told myself a long time ago I'd never associate with someone who thinks like that. He kept saying this over and over again like he was trying to pacify me. All the while I'm thinking this is humerous because that means he will only associate with people who think that all the "common sense" they got in their school is better than the knowledge that schools like mine could provide, and he will always be with the people who laught at the rich people who are in essence paying his salary. Question, where does he think the CEO of Nextel/Sprint send his kids to school. An though many may not like it people of power come from schools like mine.

So as he went on and on about how he can't associate with me, saying the same thing 3 different ways. I merely asked him, "Do you think I am retarted? Why are you saying the same thing over and over again." I went on to tell him that he is welcome to think how he thinks, and my life would be close to completely unaffected by us not speaking. I really couldn't care less.

I went to get my nails done yesterday, after I'd gotten my "hair did." My nail place [where I have been going for 3 years] is right next door to his job, and as soon as I pulled up he walked out; I smiled, nodded, and as he began to walk towards me to speak, I walked into the nail salon without so much as looking back. He was nothing to me before, and is nothing to me now. I just wrote about him because I hadn't written in a while, and I don't have enough time right now to tell you all about my trip to the Big 12 Championship game to see Vince Young play in person for the first time in 4 years. I'll do that post when I get back from training my newbies here in Kansas City.

Yes. I am on another business trip. I'll tell you all about it later. Peace!

Comments

ahleks said…
"Well, he'd given me his card and kept repeating that his mobile number was on there. I just thought "Okay." Apparently that was some hint that he wanted me to call him."

You really are oblivious lol.

Geeze, he was already trying to molest you on day two? That's quite bold ... well to me, anyway.

And gawd, you had to keep from correcting him about some knife? lol That's a little TOO particular. I wasn't aware there was a right knife to use to chop onions. Whatever gets the job done works for me.