Skip to main content

The Ten Commandments

I love it when the liberals give me another reason to gripe about them. So, who do you think is behind this fight to rid government buildings of displays of the Ten Commandments? I bet it's not those who believe "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My apologies, I had to take a break before I sat down to write this. My opinion on whether the Ten Commandments should be restricted from government property is simple. Displaying the Ten Commandments in government buildings, especially those of legislative purposes, intention is not to make people succumb to the JeudeoCristian system of beliefs. Okay so, the Ten Commandments were given to us on a Mountaintop through a man named Moses. That is not the point. The point is the Ten Commandments is a Moral Code upon which we drew greatly when our own code, the law of our land, was crafted. The Ten Commandments, monuments, and displays, are present as a representaion of our national history.

As a part of American history, the Ten Commandments are just as important as The Magna Carta, and Thomas Payne's Common Sense. For those who are offended because the Ten Commandments are prefaced with: I AM the Lord GOD, they should pretend that it the piece is authored by someone of whom they are not quite fond, but in order to give full credit to the author, the source must be sited. So, an aethiest may not like or believe in God, but I bet that aethiest is comforted in the protection provided by "thou shall not kill" that of forfathers adapted many years ago.

Comments